DVD Review: BONES Season 9 “Till Death Do Us Part Edition”
What’s on the back: TV’s most anticipated wedding day has arrived! And since dealing with death is a part of their jobs, it probably won’t part FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) and quirky forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan – aka Bones (Emily Deschanel). But Bones and Booth must still address serial killer Christopher Pelant’s threat to murder five people if the couple marries. Meanwhile, they work to solve murder mysteries involving a terrorist, a man who shows up at his own funeral, and dancing vegetables, among others, as they devote themselves to each other and their young daughter. Now with this DVD set, you can love, honor, and cherish all 24 smart, funny “Bones” Season Nine episodes all over again, and get EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES, including a behind-the-scenes look at the wedding episode.
What we think: Another solid season for Bones as Booth and Brennan finally tied the knot maybe a few years too late. The wedding episode was lovely, and I definitely teared up when I watched it on TV and again when I watched it on DVD. It’s fun to go back and watch through the episodes again, and remember what happened to get excited for the upcoming Season 10 (premiering Sep 25 and 8/7c on FOX)!
Tell me the details!!
- All 24 episodes of Season 9 (Approx 1097 min run time)
- Aspect ratio: Widescreen 1.78:1
- Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1
- English / French / Spanish subtitles
- “Walking Down the Aisle Bones Style” – A really nice look into what goes into the wedding of the shows’ OTP / leads. Everyone looked beautiful, and it was interesting to see them talk about how to make it the best.
- Commentary on episode “The Woman in White” – great insight into the episode.
- “Bones” at Comic Con 2013 – Always crazy!
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
Final thoughts: Worth getting to finish up your collection while you wait to see exactly how they get out of the situations that they were in at the end of the season! Everything looks great, really worth the money and the time needed to spend a little extra time with the gang!