My Take Too: Brandi takes a look back at her favorite old and new faces!
Nothing like an illness to derail blogging momentum. Back from an ear infection induced stupor, here’s a guest post from our friend Brandi about her favorite 2010 new and returning favorites!
5) Devon Sawa – In a guest-starring role on the CW’s Nikita, Devon Sawa returns to the limelight after a series of forgettable ‘B’ movies. This cutie-pie Canadian was the object of my school-girl lust and it is nice to see him all grown up. His character, Owen, adds a new element to the show and I am looking forward to his return.
4) Ashley Tisdale – Although Ashley may not be new to television, Hellcats marks her first foray out of the magical world of Disney. She steals the show from fellow Disney exile Aly Michalka (Marti) as the charming and infinitely less annoying Savannah.
3) Nikki Blonsky – Blonsky got her big break when she was hand-picked by Adam Shankman for the starring role in Hairspray. I’ve been a fan of Nikki from the start and her talents were put to good use in the cancelled too soon Huge. Next up, we need to get this girl a role on Glee.
2) Lucy Hale – While not exactly new to television (Lucy had a role in the series Privileged which was cancelled after one season), Lucy Hale is the breakout star of ABC Family’s summer hit Pretty Little Liars.
1) Darren Criss – Oh, Darren Criss! What can I say? Darren Criss=The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Glee. Talented, charismatic, and gorgeous Darren Criss quickly became a fan favorite when he appeared on Glee as Kurt’s mentor and potential love interest Blaine. Singing the lead on Glee’s biggest hit to date is no small feat either. All I can say is…more Blaine please!
2) Ian Somerhalder – Ian Somerhalder plays the devilishly sexy Damon Salvatore to perfection on The Vampire Diaries, bringing just the right amount of vulnerability to make you fall in love. Delena forever!