DVD Review: LEVERAGE The 5th and Final Season
LEVERAGE S5 has been out on DVD for a few weeks now, and I’ve had some time to go through the set disc by disc. Check out my quick thoughts:
LEVERAGE focuses on a team led by former insurance investigator-turned-thief, Nate Ford (Timothy Hutton). Together they try to level the playing field for people whose lives have been destroyed by the rich and powerful. In the final season of LEVERAGE, the team is forced to face changing personal dynamics as the relationship between Parker (Beth Reisgraf) and Hardison (Aldis Hodge) heats up, and Nate continues to struggle with inner demons. Among their obs, they target a conniving shipping executive (guest star Cary Elwes), a wealthy scientist, an ex-hocky-played-turned-team-owner (Treat Williams), a corrupt restauranteur, and a corrupt businessman (guest star Matthew Lillard). In addition, the team once again faces their nemesis, insurance-investigator-turned-Interpol-agent Jim Sterling (guest star Mark Sheppard).
Tell me the details!!
- All 15 episodes of Season 5 (Approx 635 min run time)
- Aspect ratio: Widescreen 1.78:1
- Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1
- English SDH, Spanish
- Disc One: Deleted scenes from “The First Contact Job” (ep 3) and “The French Connection Job” (ep 4) – always fun to see what did or didn’t make it. The French Connection job was one of my fave S5 eps, so that was nice to see extra material!
- Disc Three: Deleted scenes from “The Low Low Price Job” (ep 11) and “The White Rabbit Job” (ep 12) – again, love getting the extra material that a lot of DVD sets don’t make room to include!
- Disc Four: Gag Reel – The gag reel is a nice break from what could be an intense show at times. Nice to see them relax a bit and break character.
- Disc 1-4: Audio Commentary on ALL EPISODES – so nice to hear about filming, and what goes into all of the crazy stunts, how they pull of the jobs, etc.
Final thoughts: As sad as I am that this set signifies the end of a series that I loved from start to finish, the final season of LEVERAGE looks great on the DVDs, and I know that I’m going to enjoy watching and re-watching indefinitely. Come for the episodes, stick around for the deleted scenes and audio commentary – a great set from a great show that I’m going to miss!
Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win a copy!