DVD Review: FUTURAMA Vol 7
Coming out on Blu-Ray/DVD today, FUTURAMA Volume 7! The show that kept on keeping on is back and funnier than ever, in this all new 2 disc set. The description on the release says: “Crank up the gravity and put your head safely in a jar! It’s Volume Seven of FUTURAMA – the animated sci-fi comedy from The Simpsons creator Matt Groening. Crammed with a whole new dimension of extras not shown on TV, this cosmic collection includes 13 bizarre and brilliant episodes involving ancient prophecies, Presidents’ heads, robot gangsters, angry butterflies, and of course, sausage-making. It’s a shipload of futuristic fun!”
Tell me the details!!
- 13 episodes (286 minute run time)
- Widescreen 1.78:1
Special Features – some really great features this time around (as always):
- Commentary on all 13 episodes – not just with 1 or 2 cast members, but we’re talking 6-7 each time. Funny, great insight on these 13 episodes!
- “Too Good for TV: A smorgasbord of Deleted Scenes” – it’s clearly deleted scenes, but what I think is great is that it offers them on almost all episodes, in some way shape or form.
- “Christopher Tyng’s Big Score: A Jam Session with FUTURAMA’s Innovative Composer” – as a music-geek, this was right up my alley!!! Great detail about how he goes from one instrument to a fully formed score.
- “Mobius Trip: Infinite FUTURAMA Screen Loops” – Essentially screen savers, that you can set up for the TV, with Aquarium or Terrarium as your options.
- “FUTURAMA Karaoke: Sing Along with your Favorite Characters” – I love a good karaoke – you can choose from different songs, like “Welcome to Robot Hell” and “The March of the Non-Union Elves.” This one is a lot of fun.
Do yourself a favor, and pick this up for your collection today!