DVD Review: BOB’S BURGERS Season 1
Out on DVD today is BOB’S BURGERS Season 1 – following a third-generation restaurateur, Bob Belcher, who runs Bob’s Burgers with the help of his wife, and their three kids. Despite his greasy counters, lousy location, and occasionally spotty service, Bob is convinced his burgers speak for themselves. Featuring the voice talents of H. Jon Benjamin (ARCHER), Kristen Schaal (FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS), and Eugene Mirman, among an amazing array of others, BOB’S BURGERS is an incredible show that has me laughing for hours even after I’ve watched it.
Watching the episodes again on DVD just helped to justify my love for the show that I didn’t initial enjoy! It’s a shame I was originally ready to cast this show off, because of my affinity for ARCHER, but this show is one of the funniest shows of recent years, and the DVD set is worth buying just so you, too, can be all caught up!
Tell me the details!!
- All 13 episodes of Season 1
- Audio: English 5.1 DD
- English SDH, Spanish & French subtitles
- BOB’S BURGERS Audio Outtakes – Stars H. Jon Benjamin, Kristen Schaal and the rest of the gang go off script and fill you up with hilarious uncensored dialogue! Some of the best parts of the DVD are these outtakes that show just what fun the actors are having with their show!
- Louise and the Burger Menu (Story Extension) – Very funny piece about how Louise names the “burger of the day” with custom animation and voice over (Kristen Schaal) Louise is hands down the best character…no wait, Tina is…no wait….Gene is….AH!
- Bob’s Burgers Original Demo with Intro by Loren Bouchard – This is the “studio pitch piece” and Loren’s explanation on the process and changes of the characters and casting Love it – I love seeing the origin of the show
- Lifting up the skirt of the Night – Music video inspired by an original song from the series Genius. Just, hilarious.
- Audio Commentaries These guys love to go off topic, and so you can’t really pay attention to the episodes and their commentaries. But they’re funny, so you don’t mind listen to their tangents and then rewatching the episode again without them